The best juicer is one that makes juice while extracting juice from the fruit or vegetable and without compromising on its. However, people’s views about the best juicer may vary from person to person. We will help you in figuring out the thing which will help you in selecting the best juicer. The important aspects regarding the good juicer are as follows which will help you in solving your problem.
Type of Juicers
There are mainly two types of juicers in the market: centrifugal and slow juicers. If you are just getting into juicing and you don’t want to dedicate very much time for it; you should probably look for a centrifugal juicer. They make juices at very high speeds and their parts can be easily washed in the dishwasher. These are great machines, but they do have some downfalls. They work very well with hard fruits and veggies but they don’t work very well with leafy greens or wheatgrass. Additionally, the high speeds that they operate at can help encourage the loss of valuable enzymes and nutrients. However, these juicers still produce healthier juice than those packaged juices you buy from a grocery store. Therefore, if you aren’t interested in leafy greens and you don’t need to have the healthiest juice possible, get a centrifugal juicer. You’ll love it!
Masticating juicers juicer takes out more juice from the fruit and gives you juices with more nutritional value. They can even make juices of leafy greens and can be used as a food processor. Masticating juicers are of different types:
- Single Gear: These masticating juicers have one gear which chews single or two fruit at a time. Single gear juicers have lesser RPM but they can make juice faster. One gear allows one or two fruit at a time passing through the chamber so it gets through the machine more quickly. This does not affect the quality of juice but have relatively quick juicing process associated with it.
- Twin Gear: Twin gear makes two augers chewing to your fruit for extracting juice. These juicers make very high yield of juice from whatever is sent through them. In this machine, you have to wait a little for the juice because of slower process.
- Cold-Press Juicers: The motor of cold-press juicers runs at a speed between 80 RPMs and 200 RPMs. This speed does not affect the nutritional enzymes lost due to oxidation. Motor spinning does not affect the juice or in other words juice does not heat up which consumes enzymes of the juice. They make flavorsome, fresh, and nutritious juices however; the juicing process is longer due to low speeds and gentle processing action.
Juicers come in all different shapes and sizes so you have choices in price range. Good juicers may be high priced but would last longer and perform well when used on daily basis. You would get a better warranty if you are buying an expensive one. There are cheaper versions of the juicers in the market but their performance and durability vary with the price. Do some online research regarding the features and reviews for different products before making your decision.
Hand blenders are multipurpose kitchen appliance which would help you to grind and mash your fruits and vegetables according to your needs. The hand blender is available with the cord and battery-power; this would help you not only in blending soups or shakes but can perform a lot which you can’t imagine with the traditional blenders. Here is everything you need to know about hand blenders and a guide on how to use them:
- If you use the hand blender you do not need to cool and then transfer soup into the blender and back again into the pot or pan to reheat or keep cooking. In the simple words, just take the blades into the pot or pan where the vegetable chunks are being cooked and blend till your desired consistency is reached. You may use it to blend sauce and to smooth the gravy as well.
- You can blend drinks and make smoothies and you do not need to waste anything if you are making it in the glass and container exactly or as per your need. This can further save us from extra cleaning of the jar and glass. Hand blender is powerful enough to break out the ice for the shakes and smoothies.
- Since baby needs soft food to eat, you can blend baby food using your hand blender. In the traditional blender it is difficult to make baby food as it might be difficult to blend small quantities of food. In this situation hand blenders are a better choice as it may simply blend what a baby needs in smaller quantity.
- You may beat eggs or make an omelet; just use hand blender for blending into the bowl of eggs. For further information on immersion blenders, BlenderReviews.
- Hand blender may be used for beating and softening food ingredients. This can be done with one hand while the other hand can do any other job. We may use it for making mayonnaise, whipping cream and for making oil and vinegar salad.
- With the help of hand blender we can chop items such as dried fruit, mince garlic, and other herbs as well. A narrow container which is usually given with the blender may be used for this purpose.
- Hand blender makes food digestible for those who have difficulty in swallowing or digesting food. By using this appliance soft food can be made for those who cannot eat hard food stuffs.
Many of us love to bake but the fear of hand stirring and piles of soiled dishes impede our passion. If hand stirring and the piles of dirty dishes are eliminated, all sorts of baked goods would become more tempting everyday projects. This could be done with the help of a food processor. A food processor can handle pie crust in minutes, and performs quite well when it comes to brownies and cookies, breakfast breads and most of all a frosted layer cake. It can also easily prepare and integrate add ins such as sliced fruits, shredded cheese, chopped nuts, and grated vegetables. Here are a few secrets of simplifying your baking with a food processor:
- The key for adapting various baking recipes for the food processor involves reconsidering the order of adding the ingredients. Since the food processor mixes so quickly, ingredients which require time to begin work such as leavers must be added earlier than usual. On the other hand, flour should be added at the end of mixing. This would avoid over development of gluten that could eventually result in tough baked products.
- Slicing and shredding vegetables and fruits in a food processor are some of the extremely easy tasks. However for baking, you must either drain them or precook them as they contain a lot of water. Do as per the requirements of the specific baking recipe you are following.
- Food processor is the perfect tool if you want to cut fat into flour for making flaky, tender tart and pie dough. The food processor operates so quickly that the fat does not have time for melting or getting soft. Butter is integral for making great pie crusts and biscuits as when butter is heated, the water content turns to steam and creates a flaky texture and lifts the dough. This essentially required butter being evenly dispersed within the dough which allows steam to separate the dough into ultra thin layers when the butter melts. Since butter has to melt in the oven, chilled butter should be used while making the dough and the food processor can do it perfectly. It allows butter to cut into flour and prevents over softening and melting of butter. If you do not have a food processor and want to buy one, Food Processor Hub could help you in finding the best one according to your needs, preferences, and budget.
- When nuts are ground or chopped in the food processor, the heat generated from the grinding process facilitates releasing the volatile oils from the nuts. This enhances the fragrance and flavor of the nuts and hence makes the respective baked goods more flavorful and fragrant.
These tricks could greatly help you in making the perfect baked goods using your food processor.